Procedures for receiving and processing complaints alleging discrimination within our Food Service Program:
1. The person receiving the allegation must transcribe the complaint.
2. To file a program discrimination complaint, please complete the USDA program Discrimination Complaint Form or you may file a program discrimination complaint by writing a letter to the Office of Adjudication at the following address:
US Department of Agriculture
Director, Office of Adjudication
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20250-9410
3. Procedures for receiving a complaint cannot prevent a complaint from being accepted.
4. If a complaint is received from an outside agency, (State Agency, FNS Regional Office, FNS Office of Civil Rights, or USDA Office of Civil Rights) it must be identified as such.
5. The School District cannot attempt to resolve the complaint by following District Policy #103 Nondiscrimination in School and Classroom Practices.
USDA Non Discrimination Statement
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the Agency where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at 800-877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at How to File a Program Discrimination Complaint and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture,
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights,
1400 Independence Avenue, SW,
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) email: email@example.com.
USDA is an equal opportunity provider.