Free Online Act 48
The Pennsylvania Department of Education has partnered with Teachscape to provide online, on demand professional development regarding the Danielson Framework for teaching.
Educators can receive Act 48 credit by participating in the Teachscape modules. To access these modules, please follow the directions below.
1. Go to www.pdesas.org site.
2. On the right hand side of the screen, select the area entitled “teachscape.”
3. Under the “Teaching Frameworks” bar, click on the plus sign to expand “Charlotte Danielson: The Framework for Teaching.”
4. You are then able to select any of the 4 Domains. Click on any of the plus signs to expand the domain. The picture below shows the “Instruction” Domain expanded. From there, you will see selected Components within each Domain. Select the PD Modules area next to the desired Component.
5. There are self-paced courses that you may either Preview or Register for as seen below.
6. Each course is set up with a similar structure of 5 cycles as follows. A description of each of the cycles is found below.