This is an exciting time for you and your child as he/she gets ready to enter kindergarten. On this page you will find resources to help support the transition into formal schooling. If you have questions, email Mrs. Kelly Cramer, Learning Facilitator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources for Students
- Free site to teach the basics of reading. Features interactive books and phonics games
- Streaming video program featuring famous people reading children's books aloud
- Educational games and videos from Curious George, Wild Kratts and other PBS KIDSshows
- All children's educational computer activities were created or approved by certified school teachers. All educational games are free and are modeled from primary grade lessons and enhanced to provide an interactive way for children to learn.
- Helps kids love numbers so they can handle the math in real life
Resources for Parents
Colorin Colorado – A bilingual site for families and educators
Scholastic Parents - Tips on children's books, reading, learning, and activities
Ready For Kindergarten By: Deborah J. Stewart - Give your child a running start into kindergarten! Deborah helps parents see how simple, experiential, even play-based activities that are easily woven into a child's and parent's day can help make a difference.
Reading Rockets – Launching Young Readers
Top 11 Phonics Apps
- Phonics instruction helps children learn the relationships between the letters of written language and the sounds of spoken language.
- There's a reason we learn nursery rhymes as young children. They help us develop an ear for our language. Rhyme and rhythm highlight the sounds and syllables in words. And understanding sounds and syllables helps kids learn to read!